By purchasing, renewing or upgrading a membership, you accept these Membership terms and conditions, which may include changes to previous terms and conditions.
The primary benefit of membership is daytime access to the zoo. Oregon Zoo reserves the right to make operational decisions that may result in changes to the membership program. Membership prices and benefits are subject to change at any time and without notice. Any change to benefits other than daytime access for adults, guests and children specifically covered by your membership does not constitute a breach of these terms and conditions. For current benefits, please visit oregonzoo.org/membership.
As an Oregon Zoo member, you play an important role in supporting the zoo’s efforts in preserving threatened and endangered wildlife and make it possible to continue to develop new, world-class habitats and animal enrichment. Here are the terms:
- Memberships are non-refundable. All sales are final. Special promotions and/or discounts cannot be combined or credited back to previously purchased/renewed memberships.
- Misuse of membership in any nature may result in immediate cancellation of your membership.
- Memberships are non-transferable. All membership benefits only apply to Named Adult members listed, and only the Named Adult members may use the membership.
- Memberships are for personal household use only and are not for use by organizational/client use, group homes, clubs, social groups, businesses, resale, or promotional use. Memberships cannot be shared with neighbors, friends, co-workers or relatives in a separate family unit.
- Basic memberships are customizable. “Build Your Own Pack” by purchasing at least one Named Adult member, up to two Named Adults (ages 18+), up to 6 Children (ages 2-17) and up to 2 (unnamed) Guests of any age. Up to two Infants under 2 are free with each membership per visit that includes at least one Named Adult.
- Named Adult members must be 18 years or older and have a valid photo ID.
- Named Adult members may not be changed for the duration of the membership.
- Memberships are valid for 365 days from purchase date. Memberships begin immediately upon purchase and cannot be delayed or suspended for any reason.
- You may upgrade your membership to include up to the maximum Named Adults, Children and Guests. Upgrades can be made at any time during your active membership by calling Membership Services at 503-505-5493. Upgrades do not extend your membership expiration date.
- Renewing your membership will add 365 days to your current expiration date. If your membership is not current, your membership will be valid for 365 days from date of renewal.
- The Build Your Own Pack chosen at the time of renewal will become active immediately, which may result in loss of previously Named Adult(s) access and/or the number of Guests or Children from your previous pack.
- For memberships that include entry for children, you may purchase one Named Adult Caregiver to your membership as a Caregiver (nanny, babysitter, guardian) by contacting the Membership Services at 503-505-5493. The Caregiver option is not available online for purchase or renewal, is not eligible for any discounts, and is limited to one per membership. Named Caregivers cannot be changed until the membership is up for renewal.
- Oregon Zoo members are responsible for providing accurate name and contact information, and notifying Membership Services of updates and corrections in a timely manner, including, but not limited to: Names are spelled correctly and match state-issued photo IDs, address is current and includes Apt, Unit or Suite numbers, phone number and valid email address belong to the cardholders.
- To enter the zoo using your membership:
- All membership visits require a timed ticket reservation.
- All reservations must be made online in advance of your visit. No reservations can be made onsite at this time.
- All Named Adult members, Children, Guests and Infants under 2, must have an advance timed ticket reservation.
- Any and all Named Adult members using a membership to enter the zoo must present a photo ID showing your name as it appears on your membership account.
- Guests may not be substituted in place of one of the Named Adult members. Members are not allowed to give their card to another adult not named on the membership for entry into the zoo.
- Guests and Children may not enter the zoo without one of the Named Adult members present.
- The number of Named Adult members, Guests or Children is per membership, per visit (per day).
- Membership benefits, including discounts on select retail, food and beverage offerings, may be used only during regular zoo operating hours and may not be used during special ticketed events or concerts unless specified.
- Parking is not included and is subject to availability on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Oregon Zoo participates in a reciprocal admission program through the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. We recommend that you contact the zoo or aquarium you would like to visit to confirm benefits.
- All members agree to abide by all Oregon Zoo visitor policies: oregonzoo.org/visit/visitor-policies
- Oregon Zoo reserves the right to terminate benefits at any time with or without any notice. Causes of termination may include but are not limited to: Causing harm to Oregon Zoo animals, staff or guests, fraudulent use or abuse of membership privileges, deliberately damaging Zoo property, possession of a weapon and any harmful participation behavior. It is necessary to abide by Zoo safety and etiquette policies. Failure to do so may result in the suspension, cancellation and/or revocation of membership.
- Oregon Zoo is not responsible for any zoo closures caused by conditions beyond the reasonable control of the Oregon Zoo, including, but not limited to, force majeure, government restrictions, natural disasters, emergency declarations, pandemics, strikes or lockouts, accident, transportation delay, weather or power failure. The zoo is closed on Christmas Day, December 25, and may close on additional days for special events. Hours of operation are seasonal; winter operations may include limited days per week that the zoo is open to the public between November and February. Information about closures will be provided as early as possible on the Zoo’s website and social media. Please check the website before each visit to confirm hours. All rides, attractions and events are subject to weather, capacity, mechanical or animal-related issues. To check availability for a specific day, please call 503-226-1561 or visit oregonzoo.org.
- You also agree to hold the Zoo and its employees harmless and waive any claim against the Zoo and its employees for bodily injury to guest or damage to guest’s property even if caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Zoo or its employees. Visitor grants to the Oregon Zoo and its successors and assigns the absolute right and permission to use, publish and broadcast Visitor’s picture or likeness (and the pictures and likenesses of Visitor’s minor children), without additional approval, for purposes of advertising or trade in promoting and publicizing the Zoo.
- By accepting membership terms and conditions, you agree to receive communications from Oregon Zoo Foundation and Oregon Zoo. You may immediately unsubscribe from Zoo email marketing messages and membership communications using the links at the bottom of emails you receive from the Zoo or the Foundation. Most member communication will be done by email. The Oregon Zoo does not share email addresses with any third party.
Questions about your membership? Contact Oregon Zoo Membership at 503-505-5493 (Office hours: 9am to 4pm, excluding some holidays), email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us online at oregonzoo.org/membership.